CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This year we decided to go home to my parents house for the 4th. I'm so glad we did. My parents live close to Rigby Lake and so Friday night we sat out and watched Rigby's 1st ever fireworks display. Movin up town and I live too far away to see it all! I swear the town has grown more every time we come home. And we come pretty often!

I spent Saturday hanging out with Mom. I think that is probably my favorite thing to do. We usually go shopping and hit up the fabric store. Makes me feel lonely when I come back home and I have to go shopping by myself! :( Thats ok, cherish those moments with mom as if they were too many they could be taken for granted. Too little and they are missed and looked forward to.

Saturday night we went with my brother up to the State sheds in Idaho Falls and watched the fireworks. We haven't watched them for so many years. I forgot how many people there are. Wow. I was glad to spend time with my brother and his family. His kids just love to hang out with Ryan and I. My dad and Bert and mom and Greg came along too.

Sunday we hung out with Dad and Bert. I love to go out to their house. It reminds me of when I was young and just ran around dad's house getting into anything and everything possible. He reminded me that I used to play in the dog house with all the puppies when I was little. No surprise there....I still play in the big dog house (animal shelter) with all the puppies now!! Good to see them.

Monday we took Lucy to the vet to get some shots! Ouch! I also mastered my hula skills, and played mario kart with mom & greg all afternoon. Yes, mom and greg play mario kart! I love it! They got a Wii and so we spent the whole weekend playing that too. Fun times!

So glad to go home, it's a nice change of scenery for a few days. But also nice to come home to our house, which I am so grateful for. Before I would cry and cry the whole way back to Jerome because I hated the neighborhood we lived in. It was dangerous, we lived next to crazy drug dealers. There was a shooting across the street from our rental. It was just scary and I hated it and I would just cry the whole way back to Jerome. Now, we have been blessed to live in a beautiful home with wonderful neighbors and definitely no drug dealers or shooting going on.

Anyhow, not very much else is going on. Just working on my fall line of bags with different styles and solids. I'm really excited to bring them out!

Talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow Camille your Finn Fancies are taking off! To think you started with little dolls:) You are so talented! We didn't amke it home to IF for the 4th this year, it was weird because we almost always go home- I love it! We had fun in Oregon though:) Rigby gettin fireworks huh- WOW!! Love your blog background too- did you create it??! Hope all is well:)

Kendra said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome 4th! I love the 4th of July, it is my fav holiday!!! Next time you are in town and you have a little extra time you should call me and we will all get together and have lunch/dinner (or even just a diet coke if you don't have all that much time) :)

Lori said...

I bet your mom misses you Camille! I can't picture Greg and Chris playing Mario Cart LOL! I hope you gave them a run for their money. I'm glad you are in your house as well!