CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good Times!

I really need to get better at blogging....but I guess I just haven't been able to get into it lately!

Here's a few things that have been going on.

You all know that Ryan stopped working for US Bank in September. And we were a little freaked out as to what the future would hold. He has been working for his mom and dad in Glenns Ferry. About a 45 minute drive from Jerome. The first few days we were a little sad because we weren't sure if he would have to stay down there during the week or be able to come home. I took this picture on one of the first days he was gone to cheer him up. He probably thought, "Ahh!! I can't get away from this crazy lady and her dog!!" hehe.



Here's the good news, Ryan has a new job! With the City of Jerome in the Water Department. The City is a great place to work, good pay and good benefits. He starts on Monday! Such a relief to have that stressful weight off our shoulders. I was afraid I would have to run a sweat shop out of our house and do some serious sewing to sell some bags to pay the bills!! :)


Next thing, a bit of advice. Well maybe not for all you smarty pants, but for dummies like me.... if you buy a newer car and something breaks, take it to the car dealer and not your local mechanic!! Chances are, the part that broke, may be covered under some type of recall warranty and you won't have to pay a dime. Or, you could be a total dummy and take it to your local mechanic and pay a fortune. And then, have the part break because they put in the wrong one, and then find out it would have been covered if the dealer would have just taken care of it.


Yes, this happened to my poor little beetle juice! Long story short, I had this sexy beast of a car to drive for a day....


A Chevrolet Aveo. I call this the Ugly Duckling of all cars. My good friend Kiley kept me company at the car dealer while we waited for the Prince of Enterprise Rent-A-Car to sweep us off our feet in this bad boy. lol....thankfully he didn't kidnap us. What a chariot! And then it was mine for the day... hot rodding anyone??

Good thing I didn't wreck, I would have been a pancake!! Alright, now I should be more optimistic, my rental could have been worse!

Guess what else! We have MOLD! Mold in the dirt underneath our house in the crawl space!! Who would have known... Over watering, and the extremely wet summer we had caused our ground to be so soggy the water seeped in underneath the foundation of the house and started growing on the dirt. $480.00 later, we will have a mold abatement company come remove it.

Lots of lessons learned for us young idiot kids. Now, be smart and don't over water...you'll get mold underneath your house.

0 comments: