CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Sweetest Little Noises

Today was our 2nd appointment with the doctor. I was super excited because she told me last appointment that we would probably be able to pick up a heartbeat.

She was right! It didn't take long, as soon as she stuck that little ultrasonic device on my belly, there was a heartbeat and it was strong!! Ryan's head immediately flew up, "Whoa, that is cool!" Then he had to be funny and say, "Phew, I guess that means there is only one in there!" I have to admit...he is right. If we had twins...holy moly...I don't know where they would both fit! I'm not sure how one is going to fit in my belly! Let's hope that one isn't hiding. This will be interesting for sure.

Yesterday was my first embarrasing mood swing. So I teach the sunbeams with another girl who is due any day now. We have about 12 kids and only 2-3 are girls. The rest...boys....rowdy obnoxious boys. So I had my lesson all fixed up with a coloring activity and treats. Just in case my partner didn't make it. She usually brings all the kid toys and the treats. She's super duper good with them. Well, apparently color pages are not a good idea. It was great for one reason, and that one reason was that it kept them entertained the last part of class. But the worst part...when we got to primary, those color pages immediately turned into toy guns, telescopes and paper airplanes. How do 3 year olds come up with this stuff?? They were OUT OF CONTROL. The two of us could not handle them. They were shooting their guns, peering through their telescopes, throwing papers, moving chairs all over the primary room, stacking them, fighting over who's chair was who's. Wow...it truly was a bad day. So after we got them back to their parents I met up with Ryan and immediately started crying. He was staring at me with the widest eyes I'd ever seen. He didn't know what to think or what to do. It was so random!! Needless to say, we had to go home because I couldn't compose myself. Now that I think about it, it just makes me laugh!!

Talk about some serious hormones. Whew.

0 comments: